Qld Pool Safety Laws
POOL SAFETY CERTIFICATES:
As of November 2015 all swimming pools in Queensland must comply with new Queensland Swimming Pool Safety Laws. If a property is sold/leased a pool safety inspection is required and upon passing inspection and meeting all safety standards a pool safety certificate is issued.
PRIVATELY OWNED POOLS: Once certified a pool safety certificate is current for two years.
SHARED POOLS: Once certified a pool safety certificate is current for one year regardless of the number of times the property is sold or leased during this time.
POOL SAFETY REGISTER:
The pool safety register was created to store records of all pools registered in Queensland and their pool safety certificates. To search the pool safety register on the QBCC website please click here.
CPR POOL SIGNS:
According to Queensland Pool Safety Laws a pool are must display a CPR Sign. When selling/leasing a property a CPR Sign must meet the following criteria to pass inspections:
- show how to perform CPR in line with the technique published here.
- be attached to the safety barrier of the pool, or displayed near the pool, so that the sign is easily visible to a person near the pool
- be at least 300mm by 300mm in size
- be made of durable and weatherproof material
- include a prominent statement explaining how to act in an emergency (e.g. call Triple Zero, stay with the injured person, provide first aid).
SELLING/BUYING A PROPERTY WITH A NON-SHARED POOL:
Since December 2010, the pool safety laws have required a pool safety certificate be obtained if a property with a regulated pool is sold.
Before entering in to contract or settlement the seller must either:
- provide the purchaser with a pool safety certificate
- provide the purchaser a Form 36. Form 36 advises that the pool may not comply with the Pool Safety Standards and the steps that must be taken to comply.
If the purchaser has not been given a valid pool safety certificate before the settlement date, they must obtain one within 90 days of settlement.
NO HIDDEN COSTS
POOL SAFETY INSPECTIONS FROM $130
07 5540 3905
RESOURCES & FACT SHEETS: